When you happen to be a fitness coach, your team or trainees will look up on you. They will entrust their goal in your hands. They will abide to your every instruction and they will take is as the real thing. Thus, with such role, with such responsibility, it is just right that you will take the time to enrich yourself not only with the needed skills for this role, but also the knowledge.
The thing is because you are a fitness coach, you have to be knowledgeable about some subjects like physiology, kinesiology, anatomy, motor learning, biomechanics and still a lot more. Yes, and thus, taking pengurusan sukan is highly recommended. Through this diploma, you will be able to learn some of the subjects mentioned above and this should enable you to be more effective to the trainees.
Aside from that, below are some tips that might be useful with you in dealing with your tasks:
- This might be absurd, especially if you are dealing with older trainees, but there are people who are really scared of gyms. They feel pressured that sometimes, they just quit early. This is your chance to step up and help these types of people relax. It is your call to make them feel at ease and assure them that they are in good hands.
- There will be a lot of questions in their minds once you start presenting the routines. Yes, it will be tiring to explain things elaborately and you might assume that they can just search about them online. Well, of course, that is true as well. But it is really different when the explanation comes from you, considering there are now so many contents online and not all of them can be trusted.
- Yes, you need to instruct them about the routine, and you might even need to orient them the reasons why you are doing the said routines, but it should not to the point like you are already spoon-feeding them. You also need to think that they already understood. In short, you have to also feel like they can trust their own decisions.
- We all know that the internet is full of information fed by different writers. Sometimes, a writer will not do his research well and can end up feeding others with not updated info. This is why, being the coach, it is your call to ensure they get the right information surrounding their routines.
- The bottom line of every routine is not to make them feel burnt. Instead, it is for them to feel better and to be fit. This is why, when instructing about the routines, you also need to let them rest when you notice they are already quite tired.
Yes, being the fitness coach, it is your call that your trainees are always in good hands. Based on what you learned by taking the course mentioned above, you have to guide them so that they will be in the best condition.